One of the world’s leading manufacturers of custom engineered rare earth and rare metal products, Molycorp is vertically integrated from our world-class rare earth resource to our advanced downstream processing facilities.
With 26 locations across 11 countries, and more than 2,700 employees, our global footprint and multiple product supply chains enables us to be a reliable supplier of advanced materials to our customers worldwide. Go here to see our major facilities across the globe.
Our advanced downstream processing facilities allow us to produce custom engineered materials from 13 different rare earths, plus yttrium, with purity levels of up to 6N (99.9999%), and from six other metals (niobium, tantalum, gallium, indium, rhenium, and zirconium) at purity levels of up to 8N (99.999999%).
Through our Molycorp Magnequench subsidiary, we are a leading global producer of neodymium-iron-boron (NdFeB) magnet powders, used to manufacture bonded NdFeB permanent rare earth magnets. Through our joint venture with Daido Steel and Mitsubishi Corporation, called Intermetallics Japan, we manufacture next-generation, sintered NdFeB permanent rare earth magnets.
- Clean energy technologies, such as permanent magnet generator wind turbines
- Advanced transportation systems, hybrid and electric vehicles
- Consumer electronics, such as smart phones, iPads, laptops, and other devices
- Energy efficient lighting, such as compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) and light-emitting diodes (LEDs)
- Computing applications, such as hard disk drives and displays
- Advanced communications systems and satellites
- Health care technologies and medical devices
- Aerospace technologies
- Industrial technologies
- Super alloys
- Defense technologies, such as night vision equipment, guidance and control systems, and global positioning systems
- Advanced water treatment technology for use in industrial, municipal, and outdoor recreation applications
- And many other technologies
To learn more about other aspects of our Company, please use the links above and to the right.