Molycorp Metals & Alloys can cast any of the rare earth metals into rod, bar or plate form, with some size restrictions. All as-cast rods, bars and plates are produced from either the pure metal ingots or sublimed metals (99.9% minimum purity). When recast, each metal will typically contain Ta as indicated below (ND = not detected, or <0.01%).
Molycorp Metals & Alloys has a variety of standard sized rod molds, from a minimum of 1/4″ diameter up to 3″ diameter for most rod needs. Plates are also offered in standard thicknesses, from 1/4″ thick to 1″ thick. Maximum rod lengths and maximum plate sizes are dependent on melt capacity and furnace room. Small diameter rods may have only a 4″-6″ maximum cast length, whereas larger diameter rods may be cast up to about 16″ long. Plate sizes can be cast up to a size of 24″ x 16″. As-cast rods or plates are saw-cut to length or final dimensions, and the metal surface may have visible flow marks.
- As-cast rods, bars and plates are 99.9% pure, excluding tantalum.
- As with ingots, purities less than 99.9% for Sc, Ce, Pr, Nd, and Dy are offered.
- Minimum order requirements also apply to these metal forms.
- La, Ce, Nd and Pr forms may be dip-sealed in plastic to prevent oxidation.
- Europium forms are packaged in mineral oil or dip-sealed in plastic.
- Lead time needed for most as-cast parts is 2-3 weeks.
- Products are shipped FOB Tolleson, AZ, USA. Freight charges are customer’s responsibility.
- Terms are generally net 30 days with approved credit.