We are a company deeply committed to ETHICS – Excellence, Trust, Honesty, Integrity, Creativity, and Safety:
- EXCELLENCE: Excellence reflects a steadfast commitment to set high standards and goals, to challenge ourselves, to constantly seek superior results, and to expect the most of ourselves. Excellence inspires others to elevate their game, and it helps to attract highly motivated and talented people to our ranks. To embody and achieve excellence, we must combine stretch performance with exceptional personal conduct.
- TRUST: Trust must be earned as well as given, and its initial foundation is built upon a simple premise: do what you say you’ll do. When trust is established and cultivated, it leads to higher performance, deeper personal investment in the cause, higher employee retention and loyalty, improved customer relations and, ultimately, increased investor and market confidence.
- HONESTY: Honesty is telling the truth, defining our intentions, having and setting realistic expectations, being candid with one another, and being true to our word as individuals and as a company. In our organization, honesty is always the best policy. It is also an enabling force for the trust value. With honesty, we create an organization that is frank about its challenges as well as its opportunities – and an organization that is far better positioned to effectively address both.
- INTEGRITY: Integrity is doing the right thing, unconditionally, and it is essential to how we do business at Molycorp. Integrity demands that we don’t just talk the talk. We do not change our values to fit the business landscape. We change the business landscape to fit our values.
- CREATIVITY: Creativity reflects our fundamental commitment to think outside of the box, to take the uncharted course, and to actively seek innovation. While our other values help to drive us to a prosperous and successful future, creativity is the value that enables us to stay competitive in global markets. At Molycorp, we constantly challenge ourselves to find alternative approaches. When we do, we almost always find better solutions.
- SAFETY: Safety is a core value of our company, rather than simply a priority. That is because priorities change, values do not. Safety is our commitment to seek to eliminate, as much as possible, injury, damage, or loss of materials. When we are vigilant about all aspects of safety, we allow our people to go home safe each and every day.